Monday, August 31, 2009

¿What’s Your Legacy?


Listening to the memorial tributes of Senator Ted Kennedy, I realized the impact of his legacy. There was many a tale of him assisting the person on the street with whatever was their particular concern. He helped my family with immigration, Vietnam veteran issues, and even donated his staff to work on one of my charity events.

You know they say that dead men tell no tales. This makes me pose the question, what will be your legacy?


“I may be here for a short while, gone tomorrow into oblivion or until the days come to take me away. But, in whatever part you play, be remembered as part of a legacy...of sharing dreams and changing humanity for the better. It's that legacy that never dies” author unknown

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice, Sandra.

susmi said...

seriously, ur blog is very encouraging! :)

Sandra said...

Thank You, Susmi.

Robin Easton said...

This is another post that I really like. the other day I started writing a similar one for down the road. feel it's an important question that we all should ask ourselves....now.

I also agree with "susmi' about your blog being very encouraging. I always go away feeling soothed, inspired and more solid. Bless you for such a gift. Love, Robin

Sandra said...

Robin,
So true. With so many people who have impacted our society passing this year, I really felt that I had to ask that question. Thanks also for the kind words. Peace :-)