Monday, March 29, 2010

Saying Goodbye


This weekend, I had to take my cat Boo Bear in to be put to sleep. He was a wonderful animal and had lived a long full life. He was 16 ½ years old when he died.

I am left with wonderful memories and the comfort that he lived well. His journey with me was now at an end. I realized that grieving is for the living and not for the one who is gone. I knew I had to make the decision to either let him linger in pain or assist him peacefully on his journey home.

As I sit here, reminiscing of the times we shared, I am able to reflect on the wonderful gift of unconditional love and friendship that he gave me. I give thanks for the memories and wish him eternal peace.


“I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.” ~ Jules Verne

No comments: