Monday, March 15, 2010

Bossiness is not being a Bitch


I have been told that I am bossy. I have been told that I can be a bitch. I have been told that I am too opinionated. It is interesting to me that people define a woman's strength as bossy, or bitchiness whenever they assert themselves. Yet those same traits in a man are deemed as courageous, bold, a leader. Why is that?

I have decided that I am going to wear that label as one of honor and not a defect of my DNA. No, I am not a female dog. Yes!! Dammit I am a leader. I stand before you proud to be forthright, direct, bold, and sometimes even bossy.

I do not need to step on people to get ahead. That is not the trait of a leader but of a dictator. However, I will use my intellect and my mouth to forge my own path.

I have been told that I am a dreamer. I have been told that I am passionate. I have been told that I march to the beat of my own drum. What labels are holding you back or giving you the strength and determination to blaze your own star trail?


Be Bold! Be Proud!

Dare to Be the Person You
Want to Be!

No comments: