Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Power of Forgiveness


During this season of Lent, I have been working on the lesson of forgiveness. I have to say that this hasn’t been the easiest thing in the world. With ongoing health issues, I made the conscious decision to release the negative toxins in my mind that can exacerbate pain.

I have come to the realization that yes, although I have been emotionally hurt by people, they have no power over me if I don’t let them. The choice is really mine. Now I am not saying that it is easy to release that pain and let it go. However, my perspective is that if I leave this earth, I can say that I worked on it.

The true power of forgiveness was demonstrated recently when a man forgave the drunk driver who plowed into him and he subsequently lost a limb. For the entire story: Weymouth man forgives drunk driver who cost him his leg. This man was an example of divine mercy. He has shown a grace of spirit and compassion that most of hope to achieve in our lifetime.

I am working on the seventy times seven principle and I urge you to do the same. Ironically, one of the Greek definitions for forgiveness is "let go.” Are you holding a grudge against someone, or has someone hurt you and you find it hard to forgive them. Today I encourage you to LET IT GO! I know I have long way to go but hey that is what living is all about. Have a joyous day!

“Peter came to Jesus and asked, ‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?’

Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, not seven times, but seventy times seven.’” Matthew 18:21–22

2 comments:

Calabash Creations said...

I agree, sometimes we just need to let things go...

If you get a chance, stop by my blog. I just did a post about some of my favorite bloggers, and of course you're on the list.

Syukie said...

forgive other people that make mistake. It good for our soul..
sorry for my bad English :P


visit me :D
http://airfood.blogspot.com/