Saturday, September 6, 2008

Focus the Energy




This week I went to a free workshop offered by James Arthur Ray who is a featured speaker in the movie the Secret. He was entertaining, and it is always great to leave a seminar with a new nugget or two. He talked about energy goes where attention flows.

That concept speaks to me on a deeper level. The whole idea behind the power of positive thinking is really what we choose to emphasis on in our daily lives. One of my friends this week was in a negative space and called me to chat. When she asked what I thought and I told her, she told me that I was too Pollyanna for her tastes.

It struck me that that her perception of Pollyanna was a bad thing and go figure I see it as positive. You see there is always something that will come up in our lives which could derail us from our plans and make us miserable if we choose. However, if we decide to focus the energy into the positive, more often than not, we will find the good in the situation.

The Sun rises every day of this you can be sure. Even if it cloudy and thundershowers are on the horizon, one thing I know to be true is that the sun will rise every day. Here comes the Sun, focus the energy and have a great day!

PollySandra

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this line very MUCH:

"The whole idea behind the power of positive thinking is really what we choose to emphasis on in our daily lives."

I chuckled as I was just writing someone the other day and telling them that people have often said I am a Pollyanna and said it like a criticism, and one day I stopped defending myself and said to someone, "Oh thank you for compliment." It stopped them in their tracks and they didn't even know what to say.

See, I'm like you I LIKE being a Pollyanna. And I'm not going to defend it anymore; I'll simply agree from now on. It doesn't matter that their definition is different from mine. I am taking it literally instead of responding to their sarcasm. Isn't that fun?!! LOL I was so tickled to see that we are BOTH in the same Pollyanna boat. YEAH!!!! :) :) You can ride in my raft any day girl!!

Sandra said...

Robin,
Hallelujah!! I knew there were other Pollyanna's out there. It makes me want reread the book and watch the movie again. Isn't it cool to respond in the affirmative?
So what Pollyanna River are we sailing on... It promises to be a fun trip. :-)

Bruno LoGreco said...

Oh god... I'm accused of being a Pollyanna most days - The funny thing is when I have a down day, people are shocked. LOL

I learned how to decipher bad negative energy from everyday negative energy. More often than not, people don't have a clue of what comes out of their mouth. For this reason I tend to be more accepting of negative comments from others. I put a spin on it to try and help them understand what they are saying.

But I'm with you, I look forward the daily sunrise. :) :)