Saturday, August 23, 2008

Entry Level


I was at a Law of Attraction meeting the other day, and found myself telling everyone about an experience I had after college when interviewing for jobs. I would go on interviews and when I was told by the employer that it was an entry level position. I said great, that it what I wanted.

You see, I thought, entry level meant that you start at the top. I mean, why would anyone want to enter at the bottom of the ladder to success? From my point of view, entry level was full speed ahead to the top. To my chagrin, when it was explained to me, that it meant something completely different, I was shocked.

I think I had it right all those years ago. In your mind, enter at the top. Plan on being the best at what you do. Sure you might have to start on a lower level to success but nonetheless, keep your mind focused upward. So you see Entry Level is tops. Well I have to say my Law of Attraction group laughed with me and said that would be you, to think so positively that right out of college, you would be at the top. Well you know what, it wasn’t the top, but I did land pretty darn close.
So keep your feet forward, eyes upward, and your
goals centered….. to enter on top!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so true that if you visualize the task completed everything will fall into place. The same is true for starting at the top so if that is where you want to be visualize yourself there just like you did. Of course then someone comes along to tell you that it's not the way things happen so we loose faith. Until we realize how things really work.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post and chuckled reading it because I REALLY related to it. I am so like this myself. And often get called naive or too innocent or too positive, etc. But love being really positive, it is my nature to be so. And as I've grown older and wiser I refuse to let anyone make drag me down for being positive. Not anymore. Life is too short and I intend to enjoy it!!

Sandra said...

Robin,
Isn't it fun to be called naive or just too positive and then prove yourself right? Continue to see the bright side. :-)
Sandra

Sandra said...

Angel baby,
Thanks for stopping by. You are right visualization is the key.
Peace :-)
Sandra

Hyderabadiz said...

Thanks for sharing this experience, exposure and preparing us to get a feedforward (rather than feedback).

Visualization of the reality is the bottomline, and trying to (not just look) but reach the frontline is the crux.
Best wishes.

Sandra said...

Hyderabadiz,

I realy like that "feedforward". It truly makes things stay in positive moving motion. Thanks for stopping by. Peace :-)

Leanne Lonergan said...

Sandra...I could so relate to what you have said in this post!Who ever said we have to start at the bottom anyway!
Thanks for making me smile!

Unknown said...

This is a really smart article! I true pleasure to read.

I wished someone told me that when I graduated from college =)

Please take a moment to visit my blog, http://TheGreatStone.com

Have a great day!