Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Playing In the Sandbox of Life


Why is it when we get older we cease to gave fun in our lives? Why is it we laugh less, worry more, and forget to take each day as it comes?

I think it is because we forgot how to enjoy life the way it was intended. You see life is like the sandbox. We should jump into it, wiggle our toes, kick up the sand, grab your friends, make castles, and just remember to laugh and to play.

Yes, there is always work to be done. But who says you can’t enjoy it, while you are doing it. Today make a new rule in your life. Have some fun and remember to play.


We do not cease to play because we grow old; we grow old because we cease to play!


George Bernard Shaw

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great reflection! It reminds me of some startling statistics that reinforce a point. On avergae, children laugh ~100x per day whereas most adult laugh less than 10 times per day. If we ask oursleves who tends to enjoy life more and embrace life with enthusiasm, it is those people who are light-hearted and connect with their inner child. No matter how old we become, children remain very profound teachers. Do we listen?

Sandra said...

Liara,
How true! That is why when I meet people I tell them my inner child is out :-)

Steve sculpts critters said...

I suggest making a mouse.
Or a frog.

Sandra said...

Steve,

I can make a swan. Hey when I was younger the art teacher said you make a swan by starting with an S. And since I knew how to spell my name I was all set. :-)