Friday, November 30, 2007

Networking

So...I received a call the other day and the person said, “hey excuse me are you the Sandra that”…and I laughed. She had an old business card tucked away and had written on the back of it that she wanted to chat with me at a latter date. Well I had moved on and she skillfully tracked me down.

So many times we meet people and think oh that person is interesting. Oh I want to meet with them and tell them about what I am doing; and that sad part is that we never follow through.

Today is that day. Connect with someone you have been trying to reach. Has there been a mentor, friend, or even someone that you briefly ran into that you wanted to pick their brains? Follow through on your impulse; you never know where it may lead. You may be inspired to a new action, new idea, or just reacquaint with the familiar.

So the rest of the story... We met for coffee (one of my favorite things to do) and connected for over an hour. She shared her dreams with me and I shared my visions with her.

“Networking with integrity creates a greater willingness of all parties to be part of a human conduit to serve as energy and resource to one another. Sometimes you will give more than you receive and sometimes you will get back more than you give. It’s not about keeping score." Chris London, MANHATTAN SOCIETY: The Art and Spirituality of Networking

No comments: