Saturday, December 1, 2007

World Aids Day


Today is World Aids Day. This is a day to celebrate life and hope for all of those living and surviving with this disease. It is also a day of reflection. A day to remember all of those who light was extinguished from this world way too soon.

This day is personal for me. My favorite sibling, my big brother who I loved dearly and hero worshipped, is one of those who left this earth way too soon. He, I think more so than my parents, helped shaped the person I was meant to be. His caring spirit for those less fortunate in the world, his love of education and learning, his sage advice (which too my regret I often ignored) and his ability not to prejudge others is a model I now try to emulate.

If the spirit moves you, please give to one of the many charities working tirelessly to eradicate Aids and to help those living with the disease.
http://www.clintonfoundation.org/cf-pgm-hs-ai-home.htm
http://www.aidsaction.org/

As you go about your day try to do something for someone that will matter.

1 comment:

Calabash Creations said...

Thanks for posting this reminder! We all tend to get caught up in the daily routines of our lives that we sometimes forget some of the real issues out there in the world. Thanks again.