Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mine eyes have seen the beauty


Every day is a miracle of God’s beauty on this earth. A while back a fellow blog poster http://www.gosmelltheflowers.com/ posed the question about places we have visited. I return to that thought today as I think about the beauty of the earth.

I love to go to places where you can witness God’s beauty and see what man has been able to do long before technology existed. Last year I was in Argentina and was able to visit the Iguaçu Falls and I declare it is absolutely magnificent! Stories have reported that upon seeing Iguaçuu, First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt reportedly exclaimed "Poor Niagara!

I also love the Mexican Pyramids, specifically The Pyramid of the Sun in the Teotihuacan and the Pyramid in Coba. These architectural ancient sites are not to be missed. After climbing to the top of the Coba Pyramid and looking below, I was in AWE at how our world was developed and who I am because of it.

There are so many places I could name and so many more places for me to go. To see beauty all around us is the joy in life!

For the beauty of the earth,
for the glory of the skies,
for the love which from our birth
over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.

For the beauty of each hour
of the day and of the night,
hill and vale, and tree and flower,
sun and moon, and stars of light;
Lord of all, to thee we raise
this our hymn of grateful praise.

Words: Folliott Pierpoint Music: Conrad Kocher

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miracles surround every human being. The image of Igacu Falls is breath-taking. People underestimate how much beauty is all around them wherever they are. Great post!

Sandra said...

Liara,
Isn't fun to see beauty and the miracles that surround us? Peace:-)

Anonymous said...

The beauty around me is my greatest source of love and inspiration. I too am passionate about nature's beauty...so much so I have to rise and see the sunrise every morning and as many sunsets as I can. I have to walk barefoot in the woods as often as I can. I have to hear the birds and hungrily take in as much life as I possibly can each day...wherever I can. I don't want to miss a single moment. Beautiful post.

Bruno LoGreco said...

What a spectacular shot - bye bye Niagara for real.

:)

Thank you!

Sandra said...

Bruno, this shot is one of the smaller falls, some of the larger fall there like “Devil’s Throat” simply took my breath away.

Unknown said...

I, too, love this place called Iguacu Falls. It has been years since I experienced it, but yet the memories are clearly embedded in my heart.

Now, for the final question: Which side did you see it from: Argentina or Brazil? :)

Sandra said...

Barbara,
Thanks for stopping by. My view was from Argentina. Peace :-)