Sunday, May 11, 2008

In Memory of the Saint




Happy Mother’s Day! On this day, I choose to give praise to the saint, my mother. What you don’t see the halo around her head. ;-)

Granted most of the time, I ignored her advice when she was alive, feeling as if I knew better. But in her death, her wisdom, and love shines through daily. My mother always believed in giving people the benefit of the doubt. My mother loved the underdog. She was a champion to all of us. She constantly told us that we could do anything we put our minds to.

My mother, the saint, also believed that rules should be broken as long as it wasn’t illegal. That you could flirt your way through just about anything, and she could convince the devil himself to give up him evil ways and enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Yes my mother was the best influence in my life on learning to take risks. Her go for it attitude was second to none. At her funeral so many people came up to us and told us of what she had done for them. Some of it we knew about but most we did not, because that was her true character. She did for those around her, believing in the spirit of philanthropy, and never spoke of her good deeds.

Yes, my mother the saint, who teased me one day that I wouldn’t know the use of my behind ‘til it was sore. Yes, I miss her insight, her laughter, her wisdom, her joie de vivre, and most of all I miss her. I will end with one of her favorite quotes.

There is so much good in the worst of us
and so much bad in the best of us,
That it doesn’t behoove any of us
To speak about the rest of us.

attributed to many authors

4 comments:

Bruno LoGreco said...

Thank you for sharing your Mother's Day

Sandra said...

You're quite welcome. Sharing her memory with others helps me to continue spreading her love around the world. Peace.

Marilyn said...

Hi Sandra :)

You were fortunate to have had a mother like yours and she was fortunate to have had a daughter like you.

My own mother is my hero.

Sandra said...

Thank you :-)