Sunday, June 10, 2012


Dreams Really Do Come True!


This past week, I had the honor of being in New York City among elite Latino authors and publishers at the 14th annual International Latino Book Awards.  I must admit I was a little awe struck by the talent and distinguished presence of those who attended.  And then it happened...My book “In Memory of A Saint Lessons From My Mother I Didn’t Pay Attention to Until She Died” received an Honorable Mention in Best Women’s Book- English.  All I can say is WOW!!!http://tinyurl.com/InMemoryofASaint

The dream to write and publish a book started when I was a child.  As a voracious reader, I would often imagine that if I had written the tale, it would have ended differently.  I would tell people that when I grow up I would write a book.  Out of the mouth of babes... I spoke a dream into reality.  I took action and actually turned my Mañana into Today and accomplished a lifelong goal.
I learned a shocking statistic that 81% of people want to write a book and yet so few accomplish their dream.  So do you have a dream that you are planning on working on tomorrow?  Why not start today.  Every baby step you take will put you that much closer to your dream.  Turn your Someday into Today.  Come on I Dare you!!!

No comments: