Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oath of Positivity


I recently spoke to a group of young women on how to be positive in these challenging times. As so many of us have been sucked into "the ain’t it awful club", I thought I would share with them and you what was once given to me when I was a teenager. I hope it inspires you!


Oath of Positivity

as read by Pearl Bailey, Live on NBC By J. Morris Anderson


My physical appearance will always reveal my positive mental attitude toward life.


My head held high will indicate the mental and spiritual strength that lives within me.


My straight, cheerful manner of walking will exemplify the positive direction my life has taken.


My eloquent manner of talking will always relate the positive mental, spiritual and physical forces that reside within me.


My illustrious smile will always express the pleasure I receive from living.


The positive look in my eyes will always indicate the self confidence and positive spirits inside me.


THEREFORE:

I CAN perform any task;


I CAN sell any product;


I CAN succeed in any job;


I CAN cause any relationship to thrive;


I CAN overcome any obstacle;


I CAN accomplish any objective.


I AM a positive mental, spiritual and physical person.


I AM spiritually capable of succeeding.


I CAN successfully compete on any mental level;


I WILL succeed on any physical level of activity in which I engage.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Thanks Seb!

Robin Easton said...

Hi dear Sandra,

I was SO glad to see you on Facebook. How fun!! :)

WOW!! Just reading this is empowering. I felt everything in me perk right up. :))

What a wonderful thing to be given when you were young. And what an amazing thing you pass on to other. I'm going to print that one out for my wall.

You know, I always LOVE coming here because you pack so much inspiration into these easy to read short posts. I just can't get over it. I have to learn to do the same. I tend to be, as you can see from my posts and comments, very verbose. LOL!! I so admire the way you do your blog. Anyone can write a short post, but YOU write a short and punchy post filled with inspiration.

Thank you SO much,
Hugs,
Robin :)

Sandra said...

Robin, Thank you so much for your friendship y support. Mutual admiration because as you know, I love love love your work. I think I need to write a little more, you think you need to write a little less... maybe we will meet in the middle. LOL

Irene Watson, Rewriting Life Scripts said...

Yes, I can! Thanks for the reminder.

Sandra said...

Irene, Your Welcome!!! :-)