Thursday, June 18, 2009

Celebrating Daddy

Yes, I was Daddy’s Little Girl. I miss my father very much and as we approach Father’s Day, I thought I would take a moment to honor his memory. People tease me and tell me that I often call my mother”the saint,” but I don’t talk enough about my dad. He is a hard man to describe or fit into a stereotypical box.

My father was the epitome of a strong, proud, Jamaican male. His wisdom and insight was something to behold. He was never one to suffer fools lightly. However, as his youngest child, he always made time for me. Some people might even say I was his favorite and I would have to agree.

One of my favorite memories was the time he got me out of school early to go to a Red Sox game. It was total father daughter time, no moms allowed. He showed me by example, that a man should adore a woman, treat her right, bring flowers to make her smile, or hold them out as an apology, and read everything and anything you can get your hands on.

No, he wasn't perfect… but let’s be real, who is. When a man can cherish the time he spends with his daughter, it helps to set an awesome foundation. And for that, I am eternally grateful.



I love my father as the stars - he's a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart. ~Adabella Radici

No comments: